Heh. C++ and C are complete pains. I learned enough C/C++ to know how to translate about half the normal C/C++ apps out there into Pascal, helps learning things like DirectX and OpenGL, but further than that ... no thanks.

And trust me, airguns sting a whole heck of a lot! I had a war with a buddy of mine, airsoft pistols for those who wonder, and a tiny 0.15g pellet going at ~100m/s will really sting. I had welts for 3 days in fact, on my head, arms, back -- anywhere even through the clothes.

Never underestimate the annoyance of the airgun ... because I got shot in the foot with a missing (though unneeded) begin/end in a larger if-then-else clause.

But a few of my favorites are from this place, ones like these:
C

* You shoot yourself in the foot.
* You shoot yourself in the foot, and then nobody else can figure out what you did.

C++

* You accidentally create a dozen instances of yourself and shoot them all in the foot. Providing emergency medical assistance is impossible since you can't tell which are bitwise copies and which are just pointing at others and saying, "That's me, over there."

C#

* You shoot yourself in the foot, but first have to switch to unsafe mode.
* You forget precisely how to use the .NET interface and shoot yourself in the foot. You sue Microsoft for damages.