Heh heh, you say it like it's so easy I can't help but think of the following.

In a Win32 "DOS-like" setting I might use a 2D array of 80 by 50 (or crt with gotoxy, and simple colors) to represent the screen. But to have a ball move around depending on the cursor position would not cut it, 'cause I foresee the flow'd be ugly. It's like having only few block positions where characters can be, instead of many pixels to smooth things out.

For Pong (regardless of what library I use) I'd probably start the program by making a loop that quits when the player presses Escape so I'd have to register that.

But if I'm going to rely on the standard units, I foresee trouble. The keyboard unit is a bit tedious. I've been looking through the RTL .pdf, and it's just.... bah! Not to even mention graph.

I've seen that SDL is very popular and (from what I've heard) easy. I've only used Allegro before with C++ but not so long. Do you think using JEDI-SDL's a good idea?

During the game loop a simple ball bitmap I made would have to bounce on-screen. I'd have to use double buffering to avoid flickering probably, maybe with pointers?

Perhaps I should have a look at JEDI-SDL, or one of the others. Too bad there are no good SDL tutorials for Pascal. I'd have to translate C/C++ code (...again): :shock:

EDIT: but maybe there are good tutorials I just don't know of.