VilleK:

Thanks.

The goal for GameVision is the be a application framework for you 2D game development needs:

1. You can access GV via the API and use it with your favorite programming language such as Delphi/FPC/C/C++ or what ever.

2. Then you can access GV standalone with it being powerful enough to also do the things you need to do. Think "Blitz Basic", "BlitzMax", "DarkBasic Pro" and others but for Object Pascal.

So, out of the box you will have both. The IDE will become not only a code editor, but have support for fonts, tiles and other tools needed for gamedev. What is interesting to me that I would like to point out is not the scroll demo that is at least a year old, but rather the year old demo can be compiled with very minor modification and it still continues to run.

GV can be embedded and it act like a scripting system to enhance you native code or it can be totally standalone. You can extend the standalone with extension DLLs made in your favorite programming language.

So I guess to answer your question: it would be more of a complement. A application framework should, I think give you as much power and flexibility as you need to get the job done.