Thread: Chrome & XNA - Make an asteroids game in 60 minutes

Chrome & XNA - Make an asteroids game in 60 minutes

Two weeks ago the XNA boys posted the 4th XNA tutorial which builds on the first three and shows how to make an asteroids game in roughly 60 minutes.

The video tutorial can be downloaded here
    while the Chrome port can be found @ http://chrome.pascalgamedevelopment....NA-Samples.zip . This zip includes full source code to all the tutorials. Currently there is no keyboard support and only the XBox 360 controller via Windows XP is supported.
    I'll be adding Keyboard support in a few days. The full code for each step of the tutorial, is included in the "Solved_Steps" subfolder.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Quite impressive.

PS
    I hope you don't mind, I've modified the url, because it was pushing the news page out of its boundaries.

Blog Entries

Thanks Alex! [size=8px](Personal pet peeve of mine. )[/size]

Very cool stuff Dom. Still waiting for a from scratch Chrome-made demo from someone. :whistle:
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    I hope you don't mind, I've modified the url, because it was pushing the news page out of its boundaries.
    Np, I should have truncated it before posting.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Still waiting for a from scratch Chrome-made demo from someone. :whistle:
    The 4 Cameras ( which is now 6 ) tutorial is a "from scratch" sample that I ported to C#.

I'm sure I've missed something. When I attempt to download the Chrome/XNA tutorial -- I receive a "file not found" error message when using this URL http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com.../Tutorial4.zip

I look forward to walking through the tutorial. Any assist would be really appreciated. Thanks.
    www.wargamedevelopment.com

Welcome to the forums.

I've been doing some cleaning up of chrome stuff and am in the process of setting up a sub-domain. Please use the links to the XNA-Samples ( in the first post of this thread ) for now.

Btw, are you using the Chrome IDE or command line?

Much appreciated. Thanks very much. I look forward to participating in the forum. I've been doing some Visual Studio development and dusting off my old Delphi skills.
    www.wargamedevelopment.com

That's a nice looking site you have there. Hopefully we'll see more of the war games you speak of on there and the articles you are working on look interesting.