Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek
Proof that using Phoenix is easy:

I wrote a testbed incorporating a turnable freighter in 20 minutes from the included template in Turbo Delphi. I took an image I knew of that was 20 frames worth of rotation, turned it into a PNG and then made it into a 5x4 grid. 4 minutes of processing. Getting the basic template working took a little more effort as I forgot to copy the DLLs. I easily got my image in, rotating, and my framerate appearing in the window title within in under about 10 minutes. The delay was caused by a minor bug I can't quite track down (showing the frame rate hid the freighter somehow). After that I included a fullscreen toggle in no time at all, complete with reloading images and so on.

It totals only 90 lines and is really easy to understand. It even averages 5,300FPS.

Sum total I learned to use the images, input, screen, and timer objects in less than 30 minutes. Now I'm starting to get ready to have a bit more fun in making something that is more of an actual game.

Here's my code for those interested:
Great work Robert, there's thing there even i havnt considered, like switching fullscreen, there was a lot of work in glxtreem to make that work good.

And what i think you wull like is that you can shawe of 5 mins of the work in the above project just from the enhancements in the new version ,

1. No need for the (not Switched) anymore: The input supports removing states: KeyBoard.States:= KeyBoard.States - [isButton32];
2. Image editor is alot bettter, much easier to add the patterns, no need to update the matterns manually (or even considering the size, just throw em into the image and define the patterns by easy point and drag!)

One thing to note through, shure the canvas class is nice but be warned that it lacks in performance through, there's no possibility to cache the geometry as there is in the imagelist. But for simple games, like minesweeper and such it will be sufficient!

And latly, no need to say phx doesnt support fancy graphics, it does, thrust me, you can throw all sorts of cool pixelshaders and fancy effects if you'd really like (pixelshader support is a planned feature btw! And the particle engine is top notch aswell if i may say so, havn't seen many other s out there that matches what it can do and with the speed it does it (it's the fifth or so particle engine i made)

Great to hear phx works in turbo delphi aswell, please let me know if you runs into any problems!

Thanks for the great feedback and keep up the good work, i really look forward to what you can sqeeze out of my lib!

(And btw, you forgot to free the imagelist and keyboard in your project, a common issue in my demos aswell, memory leeks is for everyone!)