Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek
Mmm... true. But leaking 4kb of ram out of 2gb available just makes Windows work a little. (I'd never write it that way in a SERIOUS application. This was just thrown together to see how fast I could do it.)
Hehe, so true
From what I've seen the particle system is excellent even though you don't include negative growth (shrinkage) in the editor. I've not written a real particle system myself, but I'd love to see a percentile timer on the color list so you can set the lifetime of the colors. Think of a propane flame and you see a bright semi-clear white-blue that quickly fades to a bright azure tip that is smaller. I'd also ask that you can spawn a particle system/effect in a given direction.
Negataive growth is supported ofc, could call it a editor bug

The color list is more or less percentive based, if you say add two blue and two white it's blue the first 33% of its life, then ut fades to white and are white the last 33%. I had a time based version there for a while until i realized that i have a variance in the particles life times, tus a fixed time for each color wasnt good enough. But you can add alot of colors to fade between to get just the effect you want.

There's a spread and direction variable for just that

Overall your work is quite excellent, and while the canvas might not be optimized it provides a good example base foundation for those who like the "geometry wars" look alike games. (Not that I'm one, but hey.)
Yeah, ofcourse just wanted to let you know that using the canvas calls to render alot of stuff really isnt the way to go. Better to render the canvas stuff into a displaylist and then just rendering the displaylist instead. New feature discovered!

Maybe we could even get side or top down rendering of models implemented. Then we could imitate games like Flatspace, etc.
That was actually a great idea, consider it added to the todo list, not for 1.0 ofc Have alot of this done for glxtreem already, so its quite easy to port and modify for phx, even through theres some optimizations and reorginisation i want to do for the meshes.