Quote Originally Posted by Andreaz
Not quite true, Phoenix can be used for 3D graphics aswell, i'ts based on OpenGL witch is a 3D API. But most of the functions is aimed at 2D rendering. Some 3D functionality is planned for the future...
Sure it CAN, but is there ANY build in Engine-funcionality for 3D like mesh rendering, shaders, landscape or anything else? Using pure OpenGL cannot be counted as a feature of an engine in my eyes

It should be as fast as any other lib, if you use it in a optimized way, for instance rendering a tilemap with
That sounds good. Maybe in another project I will try something that depends a little more of speed, but for my current work it doesn't matter to me how fast it is But good to know that it should be!

Code:
  for Y:= 1 to 500 do
  for X:= 1 to 500 do
    Images.Find('MyImage').Draw(X*32, Y*32, Tiles[X + Y * Width]);
is far from the fastest way (one texture binding per tile, alot of state changes (textures, blending etc), a linear search for the image, alot of function overhead).
ehm.... who would do that?

Just another question Andreaz,

can it be that Phoenix 1.0's Font Tool does not work with Font Studio 4.1? I get an error that its not a valid file format when I try to import a font created with 4.1.

I don't have 4.0 though and I did not find it on Nitrogens site.... Am I doing something wrong or will there be a fix or do I have to ask Nitrogen for version 4.0?

Greetings,
Dirk