Just to note, I'm not new to RTS. In fact I've played most of these older games that have been suggested already. [size=9px](Omg, who hasn't played StarCraft, AoE or even WarCraft?!?! )[/size]

Sadly though most of what you guys are mentioning are just more of the same BIG COMPANY games that want more processing power and more pretty graphics with maybe one extra feature thrown on top of the usual gameplay.

Mind you some of these big software house games I haven't tried so maybe it's worth a go as they are sometimes pretty good, but again, like I said I'm looking more for games made by companies like Logic Factory, Stardock, Introversion, Lionhead Studios [size=9px](before they got bought out by M$)[/size], the way Blizzard used to be pre-WoW/WC3 [size=9px](WarCraft3 was complete utter crap in my mind. They sacrificed a lot of gameplay for pretty 3D graphics and marketing fluff.)[/size], etc... iow a small game development company, the kind that would put a lot of heart and soul into it because they care more for making a good game then just trying to keep their cash boxes filling up. :?

Common guys, don't you know of any small companies like this?