Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pong II Turbo - Hyper Paddlers Edition First Tests

Pong II Turbo - Hyper Paddlers Edition First Tests

How do you mean after 5-6 hits it gives you a point? I cant replicate that?
    I mean that when you don't move the table at start and the ball hits it, after a few contacts the ball gets an angle with looks like 30-40, but the cpu cant get rid of that and looses I noticed it playing normal level, but it happens very rarerly (3 times during 1 hour gameplay).

Quote Originally Posted by godbeast
    How do you mean after 5-6 hits it gives you a point? I cant replicate that?
    I mean that when you don't move the table at start and the ball hits it, after a few contacts the ball gets an angle with looks like 30-40, but the cpu cant get rid of that and looses I noticed it playing normal level, but it happens very rarerly (3 times during 1 hour gameplay).
    How you mean "when you don't move the table" also, the cpu can be beat by steep angles on normal but as you will see, on very hard it actually gives the cpu an advantage

I think you mean by moving into the ball and wall it flies off at 45 degree? Well, that is simply cause you squashed the ball. I can change that angle to a les steep one I suppose

Before I add these ones I have beta test 2 out a few bug fixes and addons.
    ----------
    I have looked into the AI and found very hard mode to be as hard as federer in a way so I have made it slightly easier (since it is feasible to beat all cpu's 10-0, though you only have to beat federer for maximum points)

The rest is certainly easy. Easy-very easy I didnt have any trouble with, normal is pretty easy, hard is dooable

make sure that you are going to the fence and timing the hit right to maek the ball speed up (by pushing forward immediately before contact. You cannot cheat by repeatedly hitting it)

Playing near the fence is the only way to beat AI as its reaction time increases and it has a paddle speed mostly the same as your own.

When I go into GameSetup, the game screen flickers very bad :-(

WinXpSp2
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

Prob the timer....which part flickers the settings or the main game screen?

Well u say game screen, so...well I will send another vewrsion, tell me if it is sorted

There is a new beta now available which should sort that problem whilst adding a few other things and options

Ok the flicker is gone. There's still one flicker when clicking on game setup, but then it it opens the setup screens and the flicker is gone :-)

Good luck!!! Ps. You should realy work on a nice background (instead of a black screen) and use a ball instead of a square :idea:
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

ahh but the idea is it is classic and classic with colour

the other scheems when added will account for more graphics, such as space uses a moon

Good to have choice no? Plus using squares and rectangles is better for the eye and collision detection, since I had to use non pixel collision detction (or you would have differing difficulty of games, plus delphix not very good with animated pixel collision)

regardless, it is good to offer people both the old and hopefully something new

Beta 7 soon. The other thread can be locked. This one was the one I was meant to write this in:

I never suspected having 4 players (Didn't want to write 4-play xD) in 1 game could be such a task but seems to have got very complicated, loads of messing about and worrying if I have duplicate code which I shouldnt have and loads of extra variables and new modes to try

But 4 people are now supported in this pong and soon I release beta 7.

Graphics and SFX have taken back seat for a while until I get this outta the way

So far I have 6 Indivual modes and miles more options than last time. Also, 1 player mode has a few extra game types and I will add more later.

6 diffeent modes:

1 player
    2 Player
    2 vs 1
    3 player
    2 vs 2
    4 player

I have also had to devise a new method of supporting 3-4 people on a normal recatbgular game area, Hope you like it.

Seifer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12