Throw up some titles/ISBN #s! We might want to have a look at them too.

I think the most interesting/complex part of the RTS would be the computer AI. Having a computer opponent determine what to make and where to put it so that it gives it an advantage and then there is the combat element as a whole separate or even better succinct aspect.

I think the AI would take the longest to do, but it would likely be the fun part of the project. Current RTS AI [size=9px](ok as of say Pre-AoE3/C&C:Generals just because those are the latest RTS I've played and I have the same general issue with them too)[/size] kinda sucks imo. There is no real advanced planning or attack plans as a human would have. It's more along the lines of pile up some of X and then some of Y and then just a few Z and off they go attacking in whatever general area calculates to the greatest threat.

No searching, no layered gameplan, but build rush, build rush... and ain't it funny how they ALWAYS know where you are.. hmmm :scratch:

Yup current day RTS AI sucks. Can't wait for someone with some actual strategy experience puts the big S into RTS.