TheLion, you're right about the zombies. Thief 2 put that right and also included some exceptionally fun missions (such as the AngelWatch mission - that was amazing!). If you can get hold of Thief 2 (it'll probably only be about a tenner, undeservedly), grab it immediately! Do it do it do it! (And play it on Expert mode, since that's best way.)

Anyway, I bought a couple of games - GTA3 (after all that!) and the Wolfenstein thing. The shop didn't have that much of a selection and GTA3 was the game that stood out (especially after I saw a 10 year old kid pick up the box and look at it - yeah right, kiddo! :lol: ). Wolfenstein was cheap so I got that on impulse.

GTA3 is cool so far. I'm a sucker for speed and, to be honest, when I first started playing it I didn't like it - it was very jerky (Athlon 1.1, Geforce2 MX 400 64Meg, 512megs RAM, Audigy). I've fixed that after a browse around the net. I installed the patch and copied the music to the hard disc so that the CD drive wasn't being used, and then...

I forced it to use Software T&L. This made it faster. Umm... whatever! If you're interested, I used a program called 3D Analyze v1.62, which lets you specify all sorts of options.

I'm loving GTA3 now that it's smooth. I've not got around to installing RTCWolfenstein yet.