I've been working on adding debug support. At present paxCompiler has a debug component but there is no support for stand-alone EXE debugging which is what I needed. So, I added support for it. What I did was to actually add remote debugging support using the persistent network layer in PGSDK. I added a few new methods to TPyroScript that allow you to utilize a client/server debug relationship.

If you run the stand-alone EXE with a special command line option it will then start in debug sever mode and wait for commands from the client (Run, TraceInto, RunToCursor etc) and then execute the received command. In this case the client and EXE pass debug data between each other via localhost which in theory can be anywhere there is a network connection. I'm pleasantly amazed that it's actually working as I had envisioned. The screenshot below is a rudimentary IDE that I'm currently working on which at this point is in proof-of-concept stage. Now that I see that it will actually work the goal for the next release of PGSDK is to include a light-weight IDE that allows you to compile and debug your scripts. Thus you will be able to use PGSDK with Delphi or completely stand-alone. Over time I want to the IDE to grow to become a nice multi functional tool supporting your development needs.

Another feature added is the project information (search path, output name, version info) can be added as compiler directives in the source. This way it makes for much easier project management. No complicated command line params and configuration files.

I finally got capturing console output working smoothly. Some needed information such as source search paths and the exe output file is sent back to the client via the captured out. Special markers are placed around the text and the client will look for and parse this information out.