i disagree, altho it is easier in some cases, but created objects create a large overhead which you will not have from a block of memory (a record) if you want a really fast optimised game or engine, avoid using OOP at all costs.
I'm sure this overhead is nothing to worry about. You should worry about optimizing the actual algorithm's for e.g Collision detection and efficient rendering. They will definitely give you a way larger performance boost than using records over classes.

Like JDarling said, "under the hood" objects are actually records. There is no significant difference in speed, but there is a significant difference in structure and organization. At some point, only using records will prevent you from making more complex programs. Moreover you can more easily seperate different pieces of functionality, which results in more "modulair" code (you can replace pieces of code with other pieces easily).

If you really want to use records for your projects, i'm not going to stop you. Some years ago i thought exactly the same, and i was sceptical about OOP. But once i got used to it, i never regretted learning it.