Thread: Garland's Quest

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Garland's Quest

A little update; I'm currently putting all my graphics into Display Lists (after much deciding of what would be best to do to optimize, that was it... for now) after I've done that to the best of my ability. I'll finish the remaining Enemy animations and effects (Eyeball Man, Bomb Man and a touch-up of the Red & Yellow Drakes).

The game seems to be running a bit smoother except for the Lava glow. Hopefully once I've optimize that a bit it'll run nicer. I'll likely just replace it as I'm not too impressed with how it looks. It's visually not worth the extra processing.

Anyhow the last version was Version Alpha 05 so the next release will obviously be Alpha 06. I'll release this once I've got all the remaining animation above put in and put in a proper password menu gui.

I've already added quite a few new things so it might be an interesting update. Please let me know. Feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I'll be posting in a new thread altogether to help exposure... stay tuned GQ fans!
    Last edited by WILL; 06-04-2012 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Fixed broken link...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder