Quote Originally Posted by Wizard
The best way to go in my IMO is to start small. Start with the basics of game and / or software design. Once you have the hang of the basics you can take on more complex projects and once you’re comfortable with the more advanced stuff you can market yourself as a freelance coder and or start your own company.
Another good idea to gain experience is through the Open Source world. I'm a member of SourceForge.net and thats where I learn a lot of coding tricks and tips. Developing Open Source or free software may help to up your reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard
Good luck with everything
Thanks man... I'm really gonna give my best at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
Selling games or applications on Internet isn't easy. Like you said the competition is huge and a unique idea or better, the execution of such an idea is vital to make some money out of it.
Market research is also very important. It may help you find a gap in the market, or maybe find a solution to make something better than the competitors. Starting any business is a gamble, you have to take chances or stay behind. Many will fail, some will succeed. You'll never know unless you try.