Quote Originally Posted by paulfjeld
Quick update to my experience with FPC/SDL/OpenGL on XCode 3.1... I'm not using Xcode anymore. I didn't like the goofy syntax highlighting (doesn't work) and found a better solution for me with TextWrangler and invoking shell scripts for compiling and running.

TextWrangler doesn't seem to have code-folding or code completion, but it is a minor annoyance, if that (never had access to them before and found them marginally useful when I was using xcode - just habit I guess).

I tried the IDEs Lazarus, Lightweight IDE and Gladiator, and the other free text editor, Smultron, and though they have many neat bits to make all the above seamless (plus more), they were all flaky in some way and did not suit my tastes.
I see that you tried Lightweight IDE too. I am interested to hear what problems you ran into. Of course there are still problems, but you might have found some interesting shortcomings that could be fixed (or even have been fixed).

I havn't tried building Jedi-SDL with it. I should make a try. I tried Jedi-SDL in the past with no success, but that was either from Xcode or the command-line.