Quote Originally Posted by firehead
Hello. I wonder if there's any way that I can start the game programming in just using the original FPC compiler(with out Lazarus).
Well best to start with the (admitted pretty sad) games that come with FPC. There is a tetris and samegame clone, and both work with both graph and in textmode. I still must have an half finished chain-reaction somewhere.

* The ability to hold down a key while the player is moving. (key just pressed once and holding down a key)
* No need to distribute DLLs when distributing the game. (I don't know if SDL does that)
* All media in one file when distributing.
The first point is dependant on what lib you use, but nearly any will provide it.

The second and third points are always possible when doing open source. But it can be quite hard, specially if you have to figure it out for yourself how to compile and initialize SDL. I hope you realize you set the bar for yourself quite high with these.

Besides that, there might also be license limitations (e.g. when SDL is LGPL or something with similar shared library limitations)