If I remember correctly it (TP3) was something like 49.95 back then. It came shrink wrapped with the floppy inside the manual. It had the no-nonsense license agreement which stated a book can only be read by one person at a time so then only one copy of the software was allowed to run on one computer at a time. Something like that. Ahh, those where the days, simple and to the point.

The versions I've had:
  • TP3-TP7
  • Borland Pascal, which included 16-bit protected mode support.
  • Turbo Pascal for Windows (Doh! any one remember this?)
  • Delphi 1-2010

With TP4, I flexed my wings and started doing some advanced stuff. Again, wings flexed more with TP5.5 which introduced OOP into the language. After TP6, I think I purchased Turbo C++ and learned C++, which was good for me that I started out with OOP which help a great deal.

Delphi 2 (first 32bit version) allowed me to grow more chest hairs because now I can develop with out all the 16bit hassles and memory constraints. D3 added packages and more database support. D4, ah hum... lets just skip that version, hehe. It was D7 that again, I flexed wings. The engine code what would eventually become Quantum Engine started when I got D7. QE got it's start using TP7 as high speed blitting routines for DOS using mode 13h (remember that mode?). After Delphi and DirectX 7 came out I eventually converted it to Windows and it's been in continual development ever since. So around 15 years or so. In between that time there was a C++ version and an OGL version as well. Son, it's been a cool ride, learning and growing and eventually seeing your vision come to fruitation.