A few thousand I guess. I'm not sure what the rates are in various countries, but if you hire a freelancer here in Holland (one who knows his stuff) you're looking at 65-85 euro an hour.

I understand what you're suggesting, but really it's not the way to go. If we had a community of a few hundred active member to back it up, maybe, but with the way things are going now... The reality is that over the past couple of years we've lost many active members, and with active I mean those that really contribute to the community with screenshots of their games, tutorials, answering questions on a regular basis, sharing videos, that kind of thing. 4 or 5 years ago that was happening all the time, but now?

Perhaps we have to start realizing that the glory days are over. We're now living in a time where games are made for iphones, the XBox360 (and soon even more mobile platforms). Yes, I know it is possible with a couple tricks to do that with Pascal, but the new guy simply doesn't care. He uses C# or Java, or one of the very capable tools like Unity3D or whatever it is to get his game done.

Don't get wrong, I still love the language and I know what it can do, but the number of people that actively support that is declining each year. Throwing in a couple thousand just to get a website that is easy to maintain is, in my humble opinion, a waste of time and money.