Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
I've just tested the two programs included in the RAR on my Toshiba Laptop. It's a Satellite Pro L500 Pro with a 2.1GHz Intel Core2 Duo T6570. It has on board graphics and 3GB of RAM.

It was reporting somewhere in the region of 31FPS. The rendering windows weren't visible until I maximised them. If I tried to move them, the cursor shot off to the bottom right hand corner of my screen as though they were visible but had been positioned by the software to be off the desktop area.

When they were visible, they didn't look right for some reason. Certainly the colour version appeared to be having it's texture corrupted by misaligned RGB values (if that makes sense). The colour version of the program also appeared to terminate when I restored the window to it's original size using the Restore option from the Windows system menu.
Quote Originally Posted by Wizard
I also just tested the two exe's on my Sony Vaio Laptop (2.00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 gig Ram, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 ). Vista Ultimate.

Upon execution the app ran at around 37FPS and the rendering window was minimized. When I clicked on the rendering window on the task bar windows immediately reported that the app has stopped working. However, when I right clicked on the rendering window on the taskbar and chose maximize it showed the window in full screen with the app running fine. The color does seem a bit off with mip-map-colored-sse2.exe...

Hope this helps
I reran your tests and encountered the same problems as Athena and Wizard. Your window positioning code is likely the culprit for this problem.