Thread: Nextgen-software rendering

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    News-news-news !! I added full transformation pipeline of vertices and homogeneous clipping of triangles based on direct 3d documentation (like orientations of model and camera in world-space, perspective matrix calculation and so). I added backface-culling of triangles against camera in model space, so some triangles don't go down thru the pipeline and just those vertices are transformed, which are really needed (just for visible triangles).I created small demo where you can move with the camera and see a big cube with texture of size 2048 x2048. About the rasterizer. I reimplemented Nick's rasterizer with fixed-point math because of its numerical stability near edge of the drawing rectangle. Sometimes after clipping and homogeneous division the positions of points of the triangle was going outside of the screen which caused an error in triangle rasterizer.
    About the demo;
    q,e - moving in y direction
    a,d - moving in x direction
    w,s - moving in z direction
    1,2,3- filtering method
    9,0 - vsync on-off

ps: the camera is spawning in the cube ;-)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/phenomenon/
    Last edited by herrcoolness; 19-09-2010 at 03:18 PM.
    It doesnt matter in which language are you programming. It matter what can you create in this language. I see the future of pascal in Free Pascal - the only free way for the future...