Thanks guys. But do keep in mind that I didn't actually touch the code at all in this one. In fact this is mostly his work, though I did Write the game's story and construct the missions using his editor. I also had a hand in a bit of the creative concepts of the game mechanics. ie. switches and zones which activate specific events, etc...

I also wrote the Tutorial to help you learn how to play too.

Dirk on the other hand; wrote the game engine, did all the graphics and the awesome special effects, found some of the models (which are whatever format Apshyre Extreme supported, I can't recall), created all the different unit enemy characters, weapons and pickups and wrote the level editor which I used.

This game is based off his 2006 PGD Annual entry, Tanx which he won first place and won a chance to submit his game to the IGF. We've only ever submitted it to the IGF, but it was so buggy as you can probably tell so we didn't win anything. Since it was so buggy we also didn't really want to show it off to everyone, instead the original plan was to fix up all the bugs and then show it off. However, about 3 years later and with both of us not having worked on it since I asked Dirk if he was willing to allow me to post it and take over the source code. He agreed, I haven't gotten the source yet as he has to find it, but I've posted the game and created a simple showcase site for it and if I can I may see about fixing up any major bugs myself and re-releasing it to the public.