Quote Originally Posted by CPN
the project as far as I conceive it is to make robust emulators in delphi, thus I am interested in getting the nes emulator, and dont worry most of the emulators out there use case for opcodes unless they do it with assembler
http://www.btinternet.com/~chris.r.m...es/options.htm

Just don't laugh at some of the code

There are also several problems identified since I wrote it, namely the fact that I used TWordArray as psuedo memory, yet for games larger than 32Kb this isn't sufficient. At the time I spent hours messing around trying to work out why certain memory mappers were not working and thats probably why

I got as far as starting the sound emulation, but as it was the first time I had emulated sound it was bloody hard The first sound channel is sort of emulated but very poorly and I can't remember if the last posted source contained the sound release or not.

EDIT: There is also a problem identified with DirectX compatibilty. I noticed that the executable wont run on newer versions of DirectX. It was coded around the time DX7 was the latest release. There was a bug either in the code itself, or in the headers from Clootie. If you load the source and change the DirectInput section to accomodate the DX8 interface it appears to work again.