Thanks for the supporting posts. At least I know now that I'm not spamming

Perhaps, if we figured out how to set up a working SDL + FPC environment on MacOS in a way which works on all recent Macs, we could write an article about it.

Additionally, it may be important to summarize how to distribute a developed game to the end users -- because I fear that simply installing SDL Frameworks on the end user machine may not be enough (here I would need information, too, but later, when I again successfully linked my game...)

@code_glitch: Well, I wish it was as easy as with Linux. On Mac, first of all you have to decide if you want to use the standard Unix/Linux way of having the SDL libraries in a standard directory like /usr/local/lib, OR if you want to have the Mac way of having the SDL libraries as a Framework in /Library/Frameworks . Getting everything to work on Linux was very easy, I simply installed SDL, SDL_image and the related development packages, and simply could call fpc fprl.pp, without any special parameters. On Mac OS, as shown in the previous posts, its all a mess, and nothing works currently, regardless if I use the Unix/Linux way or the Mac way.

@WILL: PM.