Cool to see someone else targeting retro hardware... I just finished a DOS game targeting a 128k 4.77mhz 8088 as the minimum spec... though I've been also working in DEFT Pascal on the TRS-80 Color Computer.

Was there no original pascal compiler for the C64 in the first place? Admittedly, a modern optimizing compiler meant for the target system would be a huge step up (just compare TP7 to TP3) but surely there must have been SOMETHING.

I mean, on the Coco we had three -- OS/9 Pascal (which sucked but is what most people used), DEFT Pascal (the only one that made standalone .bin files you could cloadm or loadm and exec while having access to all 64k of memory if present) and StarPAS (which was just a p-code interpreter)... surely there must have been something for the C=64.

Don't suppose you are planning on adding VIC=20 support to that? Just thinking I've still got one here. (along with my 64K coco 1 and my Tandy 1000EX)

Writing programs for old systems is having an interesting side effect -- at least for me... portability. Emulators are ported to pretty much every modern system, so by writing a game for an old machine, you suddenly make it available to everyone.