Quote Originally Posted by Relfos View Post
What if the framework included a example of a small game that you could extend?
Hmm... well that's a possibility I might consider. Perhaps if you were to throw in add-on units that I could use to get some basic behaviors that you could get in a top-down platformer to work with and modify. Essentially if it was a more flexible version of something that resembled a Sushi Quest engine, then I might go for it for say a sequel to Garland's Quest. (Name similarity is a strange coincidence. )

What I would do, besides calling it Garland's Journey not Garland's Quest 2 , is have Garland walk as he does in the first, has his staff which would give him different things he could do than the scrolls and he'd have similar puzzles to that of Garland's Quest that help him carry on from level to level until he reached his new enemy with a different plot. It would be in 3D as SQ is, but act just like GQ with my own enhancements. This is what I'd have in mind for your "engine" if you were to offer something that would match my requirements for what I'm looking for.

For those that are unfamiliar to my Garland's Quest project you can read past thread posts here.