[quote="Harry Hunt"]
1) If you have webspace that supports PHP/ASP/JSP/Perl/CF-scripting, use PayPal as your payment processor (http://www.paypal.com). They support all major credit cards and they don't charge an awful lot. Plus they support IPN (Instant Payment Notification) which means when somebody orders something from your website, he or she gets forwarded to PayPal and when the payment is completed a script on your website is executed allowing you to send out e-mails with download ]

I've heard from a couple of places that PayPal for whatever reason isn't very good (I guess the biggest issue is that customers don't trust it). That doesn't mean you shouldn't support it, it just means you might want to have alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hunt
I got some of my games on the cover-cds of a couple of German shareware magazines, one even with a screenshot on the front page. I managed to do this by contacting the editor in chief and telling him that he could publish the full version of one of my older games in his magazine if he'd write an article about one of my newer games...
Just out of curiosity, what was your experience with this, how did it affect you sales etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Firlefanz
Yes, TombClimber was cracked (every new version) and I am absolutely not happy about it. But I now know what I did wrong and next game it will be harder, I promise
Any particular tips you want to share?

The developer section over at dexterity has some nice articles on selling shareware. Anyone have any thoughts on those?

Admittingly I don't have any experience with selling shareware but these were just my thoughts.