Thread: The Probe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    I am doing this in the game now (at least emulating it)...I am hiding the cursor completely all the time when over the window, but rendering it manually at the appropriate times
    Yes I know that. What I was refering to is that you stop renderning ingame cursor when the mouse cursor leaves the window. This way you don't have ingame cursor left on the last position when the mouse cursor left the windows (both ingame and windows default cursor are seen at the same time)

hmm...interesting idea, not sure if I will implement it, but I might try it out. I had never thought of doing COOP play in The Probe since the original game and other 'clones' and variations don't either (AFAIK)
    Adding new fetures to the game usualy increases the game value (offcourse if theese fetures are implemented correctly). I'm sure that you won't mind if your game would have bigger value than original and clones had.

What sort of multiple power sources would you suggest? Otherwise I could just make it so each Probe can only get some of the crystals in a level, so the COOP play would be required to complete it
    I was thinking of having two or more power sources on different places in the level. So for sucsesfuly powering the teleporter user has to chanel power from all off theese power sources to the teleporter at the same time (mutiple beams) .
    As for COOP play I was thinking off having levels where each player spawns in different part of the level, and isn't able to rach the part where the other player spawned in. Or maybe levels which are designed in a way that one player need to flip one swich so the other player may get from one place to another.
    Maybe you could either include temporary swithces which turn of some time after they have been turned on.

This would all add a lot to the game depth and thus making the game much more intesresting.

PS: I also found two bugs.
    1. When you turn off the switch the telepad or whatever was turned on in the first place stays on.
    2. After the game over (you lose all off your lifes) if you start a new game you end up with no ditional lifes (game over after first death)
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 16-12-2011 at 12:48 AM.