Thread: The Probe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Again I found several bugs:
    1. In audio options menu you can move your selection down, but you can't move it up (UP key not responding).
    2. In audio options it is not posible to use enter for checking or unchecking the checkboxes or for presing butons.
    3. When you are returned to the main menu after death the ingame music doesnt stop so you got both ingame music and menu music playing at the same time.
    4. For some reason my probe won't fire, so I cant get past level 3. Or should I always run around?
    5. After geting on travelators it is almost imposible to get off. Is this how it is suposed to be?
    6. When working with editor it is posible to start (test ) a level without probe in it. You should add a safety check to se if probe was placed anywhere in the level before alowing to proceed.
    1. Bug Confirmed! I am sure that worked ages ago...I must have broken it at some point I usually don't use the keys to control the GUI so this one slipped past. Thanks for finding it
    2. The enter key triggers buttons only, not check boxes (and works for me just fine), and space works for check boxes/radio buttons - again this is working fine right now for me.
    Hmm...are you trying the main enter key? The keypad keys don't work with the GUI at this point in time...
    3. Another confirmed! I obviously didn't try going back to the menu using fire since I added the music! I will fix this one too...
    4. Hmm...I have never had this issue before. Again, are you trying to use the keypad keys (or equivalent)? This might explain the firing not working...what fire key are you using, and have you tried reconfiguring to another key?
    PS, you don't need the fire key in the third level anyway...just keep moving around
    5. Yes, that is how travellators work in the game at this time.
    6. I know this one, but since it doesn't break the game or cause crashes, and the player just can't move, I left it how it was Maybe I might change it later.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    I'm I the only bug hunter in your game? Or is it just that I find them before others do?

Some feture requests:
    1. Add ability to chose wich level you want to load.
    2. Add ability to chose the desired filename when saving level.
    3. Make editor available from games main menu (only when there is no current active game)
    4. Another great feture will be ability for players to be able to do their own campaigns (series of levels joined into special file). I belive this will atract more pepole.

That's it for now.
    1. I want to add this feature in but I wasn't quite sure how to do this...have the user enter some level code, or click on a level GUI selection to run it?
    2. I am having trouble making a GUI text box ATM so I can't do this yet...unless I make a GUI with characters on it like an arcade game when entering your name?
    3. I am going to do this at some point
    4. I was planning on including my level packer program with the game so people can make level pack files (a campaign?) so other users can play the combined levels too as well as single levels

It seems you are the only one testing (or at least reporting on my game)!

Thanks so much for all the feedback so far, I will fix the issues you have addressed and I am always trying to improve The Probe
    EDIT: Besides the bugs, how do you like The Probe so far?

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 25-01-2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Updated post