Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
I like it! What engine do you use? Is it based on SDL or OpenGL?
Thanks! I use both SDL and OpenGL for graphics. I have since added all the death and creature animations, plus I'm tinkering with music. I've also added 3D water, but I'm having issues with getting it to display in the background properly. Once that is sorted out I'll be arranging a release of Alpha 7. It only took 3 years.

The game's code is it's own engine. I've built it all from the ground up, nothing borrowed save for the basic APIs I use for graphics and image/music file loading.

Thanks to the efforts of Stoney in helping me get Lazarus working on my Mac, I'll be aiming for a Win/Mac release with a possibility of an iOS release down the road. I've always intended this to be a franchise of mine so other games could easily come out after that, including an actual 3D sequel, should all the other pieces fall into place.

Graphics will be getting an overhaul. Characters will maintain their looks, but be redrawn by another artist. I'd like to up their level of detail since my graphics are of a nice high resolution. (Back when I started, it was actually seen as a wasteful thing. That is to say, pre-HD market. Guess I was thinking ahead. )