Thread: Space Shooter Game Editor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi,

finally did it, it works now. Animation is synced, I'm using another array to keep track of the animations, I've modified the program a bit
    if you decide to run it, you select FILE , OPEN MAP, select demolevel2.map from the directory of the program, then you click on TEST button
    and it will start scrolling trough the map, when it reaches the end of it, it starts again.

Next I'm planing to add layer2 , any tips for me how to do it properly ? (SilverWarrior)

Also... I wonder , how I could do with this editor that so called "Paralax" scrolling . I was thinking that maybe I would create layer 1 that would be shorter, and layer 2 that would be longer . For example if Layer1 would be 30 lines long, Layer2 which would go at twice the speed would be 60. But now comes the problem, I would need to define map length for layer1 and layer 2 as well right ? How would you do it ?

I would like to know how I could create the following for example.

I saw the following in games which I liked . ( I'll try to describe how that seemed to me ) (JamesTown pc game)

Layer 1 was a very slow moving (far) background
    Layer 2 was a normal moving background for example flying mountains, or other objects
    Layer 3 was clouds which moved the fastest

Rright now I'm having problems even trying to figure out how to do it properly , how to start thinking about it. A few hints would be much appriciated.

Greetings
    Robert
    Attached Files Attached Files