Although I've had your link for some time, I chose to register just now because I recently retired and have plans to put together a small game I've been thinking about for a long time along with a few 'normal' projects as well. I've already found a lot of valuable information here, and I hope to be able to offer some as well.

I'm a self-taught semi-professional programmer that started with Delphi 1 back when it first hit the streets. Choosing it over VB because like most Pascal lovers, 'Var' seemed to make a hell of a lot more sense to me then 'DIM'! I worked with every version of Delphi up to and including XE Studio, building all kinds of applications for general and buisness use including dB before taking a couple years off to handle some family needs. And I also developed and used my own simple version of a modeling tool and methods for retaining code-data-gui seperation. Now that I'm back at it, I'm using Oxygene from RemObjects which is a Pascal derivitive a lot better than Delphi will ever be no inside a Visual Studio Shell. It's fantastic and allows Windows Form and WPF projects using XAML and other techniques. I had worked with their first beta version a few years back and now can't leave it ever again!

I'm open to any disscusion, critique, or criticsim at anytime on any subject!