Scaleform? what an utterly horrid corparate cash-cow designed to retain flash development skills that are otherwise totally defunct (not general art skills of course).

You wouldn't need scaleform if flash provided a sane interface for parsing the per frame content

Flash became popular not for it's graphical capabilities (Fantavision was doing that on the Amiga when I was a child) but it's extensive and highly optimized mechansims for compressing that data down for web use - a feature that is not needed in a game already spanning 20gb, it's only about making use of existing flash developers and I use the term developer very, very lightly.

The truth of the matter is if some company came out with somthing as good flash tomorrow but actually licenced the source code, then both flash and scaleform would die a quick death. But they never do come out with somthing as good as flash, because they always decide that a 3D flash is the future, totally forgetting that 90% of artists don't do 3d.

Sorry - off topic I know but scaleform really angered me. Scaleform converts a horse into a car by putting a car body onto the horse and painting wheels on it's hoofs, and all because the company that sells the horse refused to give you the reigns. or somthing like that.