I actually agree with Huehnerschaender and would like to suggest that games stick to the original idea of dog-fight and well, keep things as small and compact as possible. The idea is not to have a massive multiplayer game here that runs distributed across several networks with hardcore 3D graphics, etc. (it's an exaregation to show my point ). I think there are infinite number of possibilites to make a game in Dog-Fight theme. With enough creativity and few lines of code you can make a good game which is *fun* to play. Believe me or not, when a person starts playing a video game which is not fun, no matter how good the special effects or the features of the game are, I can assure you that this game won't last on that person's hard-drive. It's like a Delphi2005 which with all its great features quickly disappoints you loading for like 10 minutes and then "Access violation in dcc90.dll..." message when you point your mouse at "class" keyword. (j/k yet, too bad I bought D2005 so quickly...)
Even though I wanted it to be more a technical challange (size limit, graphics , time limit), this contest, in my opinion, has a very wide range of possibilities and I think we should help each other here so that all contest entries will work as an example for PGD Maybe even forming teams would be nice idea... (I see a plenty of programmers in here... working in a team is much more fun than doing on your own, you know )

Cheers,
Lifepower