Quote Originally Posted by M109uk
I have a question on how to set the position of the camera behind the players actor, at the moment i am simply using the following code:
Umm in that way you have the camera right above the player, direct in down direction.. not that nice

Of course at the moment the camera doesnt rotate around the player depending on the players rotation, i have tried adding the players rotation to the v vertex and/or to the p vertex but this only effects the X axis and not the Y axis.
I want the camera to stay behind the players model.
For an idea of what i mean i have drawn a diagram:
This is a typical problem.. The solution with matrix is, for example:
- select a vector X that define the distance from the player to the camera (example 10 unit behind and 4 above)
- translate the vector to the orientation of the player (this is what you miss)
- sum the translated X to the player position.
- now you can use lookAt with the calculated position as eye and the player position as target.

Alternatively, you can calculate the camera orientation as well, instead of using the lookat.

Also, depending on your project, you could want the camera to be a little "late" about the player.. so that you can see it turning a bit (like in Tomb Raider for example). This is a little more triky.

I've choosed to use Quaternions for my game instead of matrices for all orientations (camera, player, etc). It's more difficoult at first but then it's cleaner in the whole and you have less problems. You could consider using them.

Figs 1 and 2 are what i want but fig 3 is what i get
[Note: the diagram is crap, hope its understandble]
I found it nice, instead

The app requires some registry settings which i have included in the zip, theses settings are stored in the software/biocoders section.
A key will also need to be updated:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BioCoders\XShell\Direct ory
Set this value you to the directory where XShell.exe has been extracted.
Sincerely, what the hell is the registry stuff useful for? Do you hope people will take all that pain to run a game?
Anyway, i'm on linux so i didn't tryed out your game.

Now i think i'm going to write my article "1000 and 1 reason why the windows registry system is completely unnecessary and stupid", also called "tell me one thing that you can do with registry that you can't do with a regular filesystem" :mrgreen: