Thread: The New PGD Starts Tomorrow!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi, this might sound silly to waste my time to register a new account, just to tell you, i will no longer be visiting this forum for several reasons, after trying to login my real account, my password no longer worked, i tried to reset my pass, which sent me a random pass to my email, which when i tried to enter those details it told me wrong combination and subsequently blocked me from logging in for 15 minutes. i was also one of the members to warn that vBulletin is a very very bad choice, also another reason is. I really HATE change, i wanted to be able to come to a forum daily and chat about coding, or check up on the latest info, i dont want to be bothered with changing preferences, getting used to new websites, having my account blocked.... i much prefered the very original site and template on phpbb, which when changed to the new one i spent a long time getting used to the new style and site, and just when i finally got used to it, i came to the site today and this happened. i am very dissapointed that a programming community needs to rely on another website/forum system rather then furthur develope and spend coding time on the current site/forum.... thanks to those people that have helped me anyways, ciao.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Hi, this might sound silly to waste my time to register a new account, just to tell you, i will no longer be visiting this forum for several reasons, after trying to login my real account, my password no longer worked, i tried to reset my pass, which sent me a random pass to my email, which when i tried to enter those details it told me wrong combination and subsequently blocked me from logging in for 15 minutes. i was also one of the members to warn that vBulletin is a very very bad choice, also another reason is. I really HATE change, i wanted to be able to come to a forum daily and chat about coding, or check up on the latest info, i dont want to be bothered with changing preferences, getting used to new websites, having my account blocked.... i much prefered the very original site and template on phpbb, which when changed to the new one i spent a long time getting used to the new style and site, and just when i finally got used to it, i came to the site today and this happened. i am very dissapointed that a programming community needs to rely on another website/forum system rather then furthur develope and spend coding time on the current site/forum.... thanks to those people that have helped me anyways, ciao.
    If you do wish to pop back in the future, Will mentioned above that importing deleted or glitched a few accounts and he could try to help, but you don't seem too interested.

The very original site on phpbb annoyed me slightly, the SMF one was "all right", they didn't want to install mods to add new functionality so purchased vB. I understand your feelings to a small extent, I don't have enough experience with other paid forum/etc software to make a valid judgment though.

I don't think there's much to get used to; maybe a few buttons are located differently and the colors have changed, but it's easy to ignore using blogs and articles. Then again, I have a friend who feels the same way toward these types of changes when I'm rather indifferent. Wish you the best.