erm, just read this thread for the first time, and read its 'slow' on wine. Now, although that is TRUE on wine < 1.2.x; I just finished installing and optimizing my new wine 1.3.6 which although being unfriendly to .Net and the like, I can report that an SU4100 with 4gb DDR3 ram seems to cope quite well on Ubuntu 10.10 (using an ATi Radeon HD4330). Although I can still see some slugishness and reluctance on maps larger than 500x500 with large tile sizes. The lazarus version seems to cope a lot better but my window just vanished (I guess thats a crash right?)... What version of wine were you using at the time and what core 2? I've noticed something funny: My 1.3ghz SU4100 cpu with 18 windows open at 40% max CPU runs around 60% faster than a 2.4ghz E6600; which should in theory thrash it in every benchmark. Is it just me or ar Ghz not the complete picture and the flops thing really accurate?

Sorry its a bit off topic, but if its down to wine 1.3.6 beta's optimization vs the older versions, you may not need to port it after all. And I found one thing so far: most of my apps work BETTER in wine than on windows. Funny isnt it? I have this new policy now: Get as many windows binaries as possible and benchmark them on a Turion RM-70 x2 64 2ghz with win7 ultimate x64 and wine 1.3.6 on ubuntu 10.10x64 with a SU4100 @ 1.3ghz

Isnt life ironic?