I have spent the day playing around with firemonkey and with livebindings and it is looking really nice. It appears that embarcadero have cobbled together code from vgscene and from glscene and made something very easy to use and so far it appears pretty robust. It will take a while to work out how everything works but Delphi XE2 really is a big change and a breath of fresh air. The animations you can make without any code are quite impressive. Also access to built translate features and shaders should come in handy.

I haven't had a chance to get the MacOSX working yet because I need to update my MacBook to Snow Leopard - DVD has been ordered. I tried using a virtual mac running inside virtualbox but so far that has been a failure - but I am hoping that is just because it is a virtual mac and not real hardware.

I am hoping that better heads than mine can create a game engine to work inside firemonkey so that same code can be compiled to work on pc, mac and ios from what I have seen there is no reason that this cannot be achieved. Obviously I am not talking about making the next blockbuster FPS within this framework.