Thread: Turbo Pascal 7.0 game library?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    And why people still code for NES, SNES, Atari and other "dead" systems? Anyway, I'd prefer some kind of a game library since I'd probably have hard time separating logic code from things that do graphics, etc. TP wasn't OOP after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
    And why people still code for NES, SNES, Atari and other "dead" systems? Anyway, I'd prefer some kind of a game library since I'd probably have hard time separating logic code from things that do graphics, etc. TP wasn't OOP after all.
    Actually, Turbo Pascal was an object oriented language. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_Pascal

Hard to believe for such an old language but it was commonly taught in University in the early 90s for that very reason. Most of the examples I see of TP do not make use of the OOP elements but they are there.

I wonder if you can link the old versions of Allegro (from 1 to 3). IIRC Turbo Pascal supports 32bit (like Allegro) but I don't know if it is compatible (Allegro uses Delorie's 32bit compiler, but version 1 was compatible with good old Borland C too). If you success, please let me know. It would be a great addition to my Allegro.pas wrapper!

Or may be you can use Fastgraph, but I think it doesn't has any sound or input (mouse, joystick...) stuff.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 24-11-2016 at 11:21 AM.
    No signature provided yet.