Thread: OpenGL info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Is there an easy way
    There is none as far as I know.
    OpenGL wasn't created. It evolved. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebmaster View Post
    There is none as far as I know.
    OpenGL wasn't created. It evolved. Nuff said.
    lol what is this even supposed to mean? Makes zero sense. Of course there's a way to do it (many ways, actually), and none of them are very difficult to implement at all. The dglOpenGL unit actually includes a function that literally just returns all supported extensions in a single string, called "Int_GetExtensionString". For whatever reason though it doesn't have a "forward", pre-implementation-section declaration so it isn't externally visible by default. However, all anyone needs to do to use it is simply copy and paste

Code:
    function Int_GetExtensionString: AnsiString;
    anywhere in the file before ​"implementation" and below the type declarations.
    Last edited by Akira13; 23-10-2017 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira13 View Post
    lol what is this even supposed to mean? Makes zero sense. Of course there's a way to do it (many ways, actually), and none of them are very difficult to implement at all. The dglOpenGL unit actually includes a function that literally just returns all supported extensions in a single string, called "Int_GetExtensionString". For whatever reason though it doesn't have a "forward", pre-implementation-section declaration so it isn't externally visible by default. However, all anyone needs to do to use it is simply copy and paste

Code:
    function Int_GetExtensionString: AnsiString;
    anywhere in the file before ​"implementation" and below the type declarations.
    I accidentally scrolled all the way down in dglOpenGL, and saw some of those functions at the end, and wondered how does that work with no var parameter or no return value

Quote Originally Posted by Thyandyr View Post
    I accidentally scrolled all the way down in dglOpenGL, and saw some of those functions at the end, and wondered how does that work with no var parameter or no return value
    Not quite sure what you mean here?

Quote Originally Posted by Akira13 View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean here?
    I meant that I saw code in dglOpengl that looked like it might be something like returning all the extensions but I didn't see anything for parameters. Didn't pay much attention to it at the time, and I was not eager to scroll up and down in 20000 line unit.
    Last edited by Thyandyr; 23-10-2017 at 08:06 PM.