Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Eschecs - Pascal chess program

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Chastain View Post
    It's weird because I have again tested all the links and I could successfully download the different files.
    The problem is with the middle part where the version number is in your links, since your links are consisted actually of three links (<a> elements). The middle version part always points to the dutch version.
    Existence is pain

Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777 View Post
    The problem is with the middle part where the version number is in your links, since your links are consisted actually of three links (<a> elements). The middle version part always points to the dutch version.
    Oh, I understand now. Thank you. I will fix it.

Hello! There is a new version, with squares highlighting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 24-12-2022 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Deleted broken link

Not that I'm much of a chess player, so this might not be something I need. But would you be able to implement scaling of the board when the window is resized?
    Existence is pain

Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777 View Post
    Not that I'm much of a chess player, so this might not be something I need. But would you be able to implement scaling of the board when the window is resized?
    Yes, I am thinking about it. Maybe for 2019 ?

Hello! A new version of the game is available. Now the game has sound, different chessboard styles, and is compatible with different systems (Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Raspberry Pi).

https://github.com/rchastain/eschecs/releases

Thank you to Fred van Stappen, whose contribution has made all that possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Eschecs 5.0.0

Hello friends!

A new version of the game is available.

https://github.com/rchastain/eschecs/releases

The main difference with the previous version is the possibility to play chess 960 (Fischer random chess).

Another difference is that you can save the current game in a PGN file (by clicking on "Save and quit").

There is a separated application, named options, that allows to launch Eschecs with desired options.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Regards.

Roland
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 22-11-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Cant find Eschecs on my windows 10 store, is it normal ?

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox
    Last edited by casanova; 23-04-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by casanova View Post
    Cant find Eschecs on my windows 10 store, is it normal ?
    Thank you for your message. I don't know what are the steps to make an application available on Windows Store. I never asked myself that question. But why not? It could be a good idea.

Hello everybody!

It's been a while since I passed by here.

After a fairly long hiatus, I got back to my chess GUI project.

The main novelty is the usage of the command line, to allow the user to customize the appearance and the behaviour of the application. The options are listed on the project page.

For example there is an option to select the colors that the program will use to generate the marble texture. Very unnecessary but I am glad of it.

eschecs510a.jpg

In case someone is interested to compile the program, I would be glad to help. There is no particular difficulty, except that you have to download three or four libraries, and to tell the compiler where the libraries are (either you create a Lazarus project, or write a script, or retouch and use the included Makefile). When you download fpGUI, please choose the develop branch.

Regards.

Roland

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast