Thread: Lazarus/freepascal compile error - how to solve?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    xeEngine_types in '..\bindings\xeEngine_types.pas',
    Try do not use something like this. Use -Fu for finding units instead(you can find it somewhere in Project options, if you use Lazarus).

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Try do not use something like this. Use -Fu for finding units instead(you can find it somewhere in Project options, if you use Lazarus).
    Ok, a fair cop I will change that, thanks - but does that help me with my compile issue though? I don't know, I will see

EDIT: ok, that seems to have fixed my compiler error now - Woo Hoo! Thanks Andru

Now the Delphi 2010 test program crashes on finishing when I compile the DLL using Lazarus, but that is another issue

cheers,
    Pau
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 11-08-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Now the Delphi 2010 test program crashes on finishing when I compile the DLL using Lazarus, but that is another issue
    Because there is a difference between size of type Char. Delphi 2009 and higher uses 2 byte per one symbol in String. FreePascal - always 1 byte.

Ain't Lazarus by default using UTF, so some characters reserve 1 byte and others 2. But i recall reading paul had widestring compiler directive, and i'm not sure about that stuff

I'm not sure about the 2 byte vs 1 byte Char issue....I am passing strings to the DLL using PWideChar. I will have to investigate this further

thanks guys

cheers,
    Paul