Thread: Four-in-a-row for Lazarus

Four-in-a-row for Lazarus

Hello!

I would like to present my Four-in-a-row for Lazarus. It uses BGRABitmap (to draw the circles). The AI is a stand-alone executable, which is called each time the computer has to move.

You can change the language and the color of the interface by editing the options.ini file.

Code:
    [interface]
    language=en
    palette=gray
    Hope you will like it.

Best regards.

Roland
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 15-08-2014 at 07:22 AM. Reason: updated attachment

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi Roland,

I downloaded this and had a couple of games, not bad

I like the interface, no clutter, simple and clean.

I do have a question for you... why is the AI in another EXE? I'm not criticising, I'm just interested in the decisions/reasons behind it.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi View Post
    Hi Roland,

I downloaded this and had a couple of games, not bad

I like the interface, no clutter, simple and clean.
    Hi! Thanks for trying my game.

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi View Post
    I do have a question for you... why is the AI in another EXE? I'm not criticising, I'm just interested in the decisions/reasons behind it.
    As I am interested in chess programming, I am curious to learn pipes and inter process communication.

Besides, it has some advantages : I can work on another engine, even write it in a different language, and try it at once from my GUI. I just have to edit the options.ini file.

The GUI runs the engine and sends as parameter the history of the current position, a string of characters from '1' to '7'. The engine computes his move, returns it (one character) and closes.
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 15-04-2014 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Chastain View Post
    As I am interested in chess programming, I am curious to learn pipes and inter process communication.

Besides, it has some advantages : I can work on another engine, even write it in a different language, and try it at once from my GUI. I just have to edit the options.ini file.

The GUI runs the engine and sends as parameter the history of the current position, a string of characters from '1' to '7'. The engine computes his move, returns it (one character) and closes.
    I think you could benefit from a dynamic library instead. Your actual method is cheating prone.

Quote Originally Posted by pitfiend View Post
    I think you could benefit from a dynamic library instead. Your actual method is cheating prone.
    Yes, thank you for the advice. Maybe in the next version ?

Here is a new version, using a DLL.
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 15-08-2014 at 07:16 AM. Reason: moved zip file to first post

Just tested it, pretty cool
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

Quote Originally Posted by farcodev View Post
    Just tested it, pretty cool
    Thank you!

Here is a new version (please see the first post of the discussion).

quatre-lazarus.png

Thanks to circular for his piece of code.