Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Mundo 3D MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Project Mundo seems to have come a long way so far. Congrats for sticking with it's development.
    Thanks. The work continues, and we should have a new release soon.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere View Post
    Yes. You seem to do a lot of hard work on this project. Keep it up!

One thing: You do need better textures. Almost everything is blurry and repetitive. Just try some high-res ones. Also some lighting/shadows would really make the game more vivid.
    We should work more in graphics in the next releases.

Mundo 0.19 Released!

Here is the change-log of this release:

* New castle with four floors full decorated.
    * Map growth 9 times, actual size 3,24 ha.
    * DXF to OBJ converter, thanks to Dusan.
    * Added normals table in md2.pas.
    * Lighting improvement.
    * Improvements in collision detection.
    * Fixed scale, orientation and position in many models.
    * Disabled lighting for font drawing.
    * Expanded view limits to get visualization of far objects.
    * Updated lifebar to correct scale.
    * New camera mode cmBehind.
    * Added y coordinate do ENTER message.
    * New models: double_bed.md2 and castle's pictures.
    * Changed algorithm of monster's set target to consider the y coordinate avoiding to target players that are in other floors.
    * Fixed a bug in saving player's data.
    * Fixed drawing order of transparent polygons.

The project is hosted at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gamemundo/

The test server is up! The src folder has the executables: mundo.exe for windows or just mundo for Linux.

The keys are: arrows to walk, space to attack, F1 to F5 to change camera, ENTER to post chat, Z to run and X to jump.

Pascal developers are invited to join

Thanks for your feedback.

Played around a bit. There are issues with the Intel 945G Express graphics card, in that the vertices seem messed up.

mundo-26032011 (i945G).jpg
    mundo-26032011 (i945G) -2.jpg

I've also noticed that the game sometimes (rarely) does not show the main window (the console window is still visible). It gets to the 'Running the game...' message. Also, the controls are awkward. Using shift would be better for running instead of Z. The lack of mouse view is very limiting. The font used is not very visible on the input fields.

Seems like a nice effort, but needs a lot more work.
    Last edited by de_jean_7777; 26-03-2011 at 09:13 AM.
    Existence is pain

Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777 View Post
    Played around a bit. There are issues with the Intel 945G Express graphics card, in that the vertices seem messed up.

mundo-26032011 (i945G).jpg
    mundo-26032011 (i945G) -2.jpg

I've also noticed that the game sometimes (rarely) does not show the main window (the console window is still visible). It gets to the 'Running the game...' message. Also, the controls are awkward. Using shift would be better for running instead of Z. The lack of mouse view is very limiting. The font used is not very visible on the input fields.

Seems like a nice effort, but needs a lot more work.
    It doesn't works with Intel 945G, we didn't find the cause. Until today just this board have this behavior.
    We consider shift better for running too. This prototype uses GLUT keyboard, that does not handle special keys well. The keyboard handling should be rewritten in the future.
    A mouse camera is in our plans too.
    The font is bitmapped, should be changed to true type in the future.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've got the same problem with vertices, with Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

Quote Originally Posted by circular View Post
    I've got the same problem with vertices, with Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.
    My OpenGL engine also had (and maybe still has some) problems with Intel GPUs on laptops. One workaround that helps to overcome *some* problems is to disable Vertex Buffer Object.

The other good advice: upgrading your drivers helps for some problems. Go to http://downloadcenter.intel.com/ , choose "Graphics" from "Select a product family", choose "Laptop graphic controllers" from "Select a product line", and then in the box "Select a product name" you will see exactly your graphic card, "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family".

You may also be able to get upgraded drivers from your laptop manufacturer, like HP.

Maybe this will help

Mundo 0.20 Released!

Here is the change-log of this release:

* Refactor player animations.
    * Design and implement the death of the player.
    * Looting.
    * BackPack.
    * Use items.
    * Removal of unused units keyvaluelists.pas, maps.pas, timers.pas, serverconnections.pas, clientconnections.pas, textureppms.pas, texturetgas.pas.
    * Remove unit vectors that is misused in cameras.pas.
    * Unify of version constant.
    * Create doc units.ods.

The project is hosted at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gamemundo/

The test server is up! The src folder has the executables: mundo.exe for windows or just mundo for Linux.

The keys are: arrows to walk, space to attack, F1 to F5 to change camera, ENTER to post chat, Z to run and X to jump.

Pascal developers are invited to join

Thanks for your feedback.

Blog Entries
    Hey nice update Rodrigo.

Lots of new features added. Most noticeable is the item system I see. Keep up the good work, this entry has really come a long way I'm seeing.

How much map/world is there to explore so far? As MMOs go, they seem to rely on new places to explore. I'm just curious as to how that's coming along. Do you plan on adding a new region/area every future build/release, etc?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    How much map/world is there to explore so far? As MMOs go, they seem to rely on new places to explore. I'm just curious as to how that's coming along. Do you plan on adding a new region/area every future build/release, etc?
    Our current focus are keep in adding the basic features. After this we should have a massive content addition. Fortunately we are just a few features far from our 1.0 milestone.
    The current map have only 3.2 ha of size and is a little playground to test the features added.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast