View Poll Results: Are you interested in the Sushi Quest engine?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I would pay for a license

3 12.50%
  • Yes, but only if free

11 45.83%
  • Yes, other option (explain)

5 20.83%
  • Not interested

5 20.83%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: My game engine

I have good news, I've got some help in the Android port, and the engine is soon going to be available for it, including full 3D graphics
    Also I already got lots of sample code written, so hopefully everything will be ready to release in some weeks.
    Get ready to get surprised by all features that this engine is going to provide!

Good news! I'm looking forward to the release
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Quote Originally Posted by Relfos View Post
    Get ready to get surprised by all features that this engine is going to provide!
    Just a moment.....
    I am ready....

I already got a website online (just finishing some details before showing it here, to make sure everything is working).
    Now I'm writing the wiki documentation (that will contain very useful info about everything related to the engine).

Also I will only exclude some parts of the engine in this release, basically anything that I did not use yet in my games, that I don't consider in a production ready state (as in, fully optimized and tested). This means some the terrain rendering and some other classes will only be released later (hopefully in some months).
    The android port I also need to test it thoroughly, before releasing it.
    However Windows, Linux, OSX and iOS support is ready for shipping real titles (as I already have published 5 different games using this engine, for all of those platforms)

There was also support for nintendo DS, is currently now broken but I'll try to make it work soon (however I'll probably only support 2D games for this, while I did make the 3D part of the engine run on it, the lack of floating point makes it unusable).

The engine will be free to use for non-commercial projects, otherwise an indie license will be required (price will be 100$).

Blog Entries
    Very exciting. Can't wait to see the final results. How many game templates will be available at the beginning?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

What are the 5 games that you published with this engine? I think I only know the Sushi Quest!

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    sounds awesome
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Very exciting. Can't wait to see the final results. How many game templates will be available at the beginning?
    I expect at least two in the beginning, along with lots of smaller demos.

Quote Originally Posted by wagenheimer View Post
    What are the 5 games that you published with this engine? I think I only know the Sushi Quest!
    Here's a list of my games written with this engine (they are all on the App Store):
    Sushi Quest (adventure/puzzle, written in 3 months)
    Splash Ball (marble style puzzle game, written in 2 weeks)
    Exam Quiz (simple quiz game, written in 1 day)
    Icarus Sky (sidescroller, written in 1 week)
    Paint Panic (match3/puzzle, written in 3 days)

Sushi Quest took 3 months since I was still finishing the engine, and I also spent lots of time porting it to OSX, Linux and iOS, I expect to be able to write it in 2 to 3 weeks if I started again

I have good and bad news.
    The bad news is that I don't have all the samples/demos I wanted ready to release (and I want those for the 'official' release)
    However, the good news is that I'm going to start a beta testing of the game engine right now.
    For more info, check the official website, www.pascalgameengine.com
    You can find there a wiki with the engine documentation, and a forum for any suggestions and questions related to the engine

I signed up for the beta.
    Is FreePascal 2.6.0 RC1 supported?
    What I noticed looking at the wiki that types don't have the usual T prefix that is specified by the Delphi coding guidelines. Is there are special reason behind this?
    Also, you should install the phpBB forums, when I clicked the forums link a few minutes ago, the install thingy popped up.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast