Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre April 2014 - Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi,
    I first learnt to program (in pascal) a few years ago and have just picked it up again but I have got stuck with allegro.pas. I'm using a raspberry pi and the demo compiled fine, and I copied all the files into the units/arm-linux directory, but whenever I try to compile one of the examples, I get:

albase.pas(209) Error: Can't create assembler file: /usr/lib/fpc/2.6.0/units/arm-linux/allegro.pas/albase.pas/albase.s

Is this just a problem with the raspberry pi, or can it be fixed?
    Please can someone help me!

You're right, User137.

Anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Shrike3 View Post
    Hi,
    I first learnt to program (in pascal) a few years ago and have just picked it up again but I have got stuck with allegro.pas. I'm using a raspberry pi and the demo compiled fine, and I copied all the files into the units/arm-linux directory, but whenever I try to compile one of the examples, I get:

albase.pas(209) Error: Can't create assembler file: /usr/lib/fpc/2.6.0/units/arm-linux/allegro.pas/albase.pas/albase.s

Is this just a problem with the raspberry pi, or can it be fixed?
    It's the common "write permissions" issue. You can fix it by using option -FU. BTW I'm not sure it will work, AFAIK Allegro doesn't has rasperry pi support, so Allegro.pas doesn't too... But I may be wrong.
    No signature provided yet.

Jenny

Hi there!!

Hi..really excited to be in this exciting forum....hope to learn and contribute here..

Jenny and welcome to PGD! I hope you stay here would be as pleasent as posible.
    Please do some browsing around our forum for autopromotion to kick in and get you unmoderated so you will be able to post anywhere on the forum.

Hi Jenny, welcome to PGD...I hope you find the community here friendly and helpful

cheers,
    Paul

Hello!

I'm HappyMember, programming "almost daily" for 6 years and not satisfied with the code generated by compilers.

In the present day I am making games in "x86 Assembly" using game libraries compiled by Free Pascal for Linux based systems only (Why? (answer below)).

Windows has too many games + It isn't free + The work involved to feed a giant is not worthy.

I do this just for fun and pleasure, I do not intend to make money or sell them in any way. I don't even play the games when I finish them (LOL!).

Welcome HappyMember.

Programming in x86 Assembly... You're mad...
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    Welcome HappyMember.
    Thank you!

PGDCE Developer
    Hello, I'm Marco Cestari, a Delphi/C# coder from Brazil.

Registered some years ago, and never participated to the community, but now, I'm getting interested to delphi game dev again

Hello,

I'm a Delphi Dev and I would say thanks to Athena for my account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast