Thread: PGD Challenge in the Winter?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    @Will
    I totally agree that public scoring for competition won't be good especially if pepole can't run the entries becouse of lacking proper OS or dependancies. That's why we have judges who can runn entries on any competition supported platform.
    But still I think it would be good to alow other PGD members to express their own impresions on the entries. Offcourse this will be only informative and would mostly serve just as fedback to the developers (more fedback is always better).

@User137
    Making game to be able to run on multiple platforms isn't easy especially if you don't have sufficient expirience with target platform.
    While windows is still most popular platform on PC computers this is no guarantee that all of us have suficient expirience with it even due the fact that probably all of us used Windows at some point. But if someone is using MAC OS for the last 5 yers it will have a lot of troubles making game to run smothly on Windows due to qute some changes in Windows architercture (changed various paths, lots of changes in acces premisons etc.).
    Same will go for me if I would try to make my game runable on MAC OS or Linux becouse I have no expirience with MAC OS and verry litle expirience with Linux.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 11-09-2012 at 01:27 PM.