Thread: Lets talk OUYA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Humour me and implement it, then try it. If it won't work, you can always change it back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
    Humour me and implement it, then try it. If it won't work, you can always change it back.
    Would that someone's whim didn't cost time and/or money. Both I don't have in abundance. Sorry, but I'm not convinced and I doubt anyone else who is putting serious resources into a commercial product would follow you on your idea with very little validation other than you say so.

Now if you would like to make a proof of concept to validate your ideas, by all means, but don't expect people to make sweeping changes to their projects just because you want them to. That's just silly.

I'm all for good debate every now and then, but I have debunked your original suggestions and you have not come up with a decent counter argument. I guess "just do it" seemed innocent enough to you, but it's making you come off a little pushy. I disagree with you. If you are unable or unwilling to validate your ideas with a counter then lets just agree to disagree. It won't hurt my feelings.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Sweet! May I ask what company you are working for now?
    Not sure if we can call it "company". I'll work for a new web-service company (they'll start to work on September) and for the SerieB studio (comics and design). They'll give me work (web programming, in most cases) and will allow me to work in my own projects including games with graphics done by SerieB studio (and also games based in some SerieB comics).
    No signature provided yet.

Blog Entries
    Wow sounds like it'll be a fun job. And flexible too if they are willing to support you on your own projects. How much control would they give you of these projects that you get to do yourself?

And hooking into the topic, what plans for OUYA are there? Games? Comic Book frontend on OUYA? I could see that being popular.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Wow sounds like it'll be a fun job. And flexible too if they are willing to support you on your own projects. How much control would they give you of these projects that you get to do yourself?

And hooking into the topic, what plans for OUYA are there? Games? Comic Book frontend on OUYA? I could see that being popular.
    We didn't think about this...

Anyway, we're starting so initially it will be something like a test. But they'll give me a lot of control, as they don't have any idea about how to make a game.
    No signature provided yet.

Blog Entries
    Cool. Can anyone smell collaborations?

Hey how crazy an idea would an OUYA game dev jam/competition be? Or maybe just a porting over to a non-Android/JVM game over to it as a prize?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder