Thread: nxPascal

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just executed the shader demo (GLSL test) on my pc and it works fine, but whats important is that CPU usage is 0 or between 1-2% if you move mouse a bit over the window.

So im wondering, is it possible for me to still make the map editor to use timer (DxTimer, threadedtimer) with "onidle" with interval 16-17ms or something but still somehow run it on same speed on every pc if i do for example camera movement, rotation, animation?

Like i said in old messages, before even discovering the nxpascal i used timer with interval 1, because i used some akward picking code that got too slow when timer interval was like 16-20, in tile painting mode the tiles appeared with big delay.
    How the ray picking is affected on timer interval?

I dont know even if i said that correctly. Im not good with english.

Can i do same without actually using that game loop? Which eats CPU always, even if i dont do anything in editor.

I really would like CPU usage 0 rather than 20-30, i really dont like that. Tried to setframeinterval() to different values, still CPU usage is too high.

I really like how original editor sits on 0 always, until you do something (it can get really high) but when just nothing is done, it sits at 0. No lag or anything on other apps.

EDIT: also why you init stuff in OnPaint? Why not somewhere else (in own Init function, FormCreate or something) ? Any particular reason?
    Last edited by hwnd; 06-09-2013 at 09:00 PM.