Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
So a RTS counts as an indirectly controlled game? I've never realised it as such because I can choose my units and point where they have to go (IMHO a direct control). But anyway, if a RTS counts what about a point and click adventure in the spirit of Monkey Island? It's quite the same control of the protagonist, so this should count, too?
I would say that it's a little too close to direct control. Even the traditional RTS would feel a little bit like cheating. It would be too easy to "cop out" and just use only that form of control, where the spirit of the theme is to try to do something a little more than just a virtual form of abstracting the standard direct control mechanism found in most games. Surely there are more interesting ways of indirectly controlling a single character protagonist?

Maybe making sound causing him to want to investigate? Or scaring him/it away from somewhere by making a bang or something? Would be more interesting than simple saying "walk here" or "perform action here" which is far less creative I think.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
My idea... ...So would this fit into the rules?
Yeah, that seems pretty legit. Is there perhaps another form of feedback you can get from your distant followers that show what kind of progress they do or do not do? I mean if the poor messenger gets shot how can you tell? Perhaps a view of buildings begin built or farms that grow or enemies on the horizon that can be see out a window from the castle or something? You may be able to come up with a low content way of doing that somehow.